For my first essay, the writing process has been quite interesting.  After reading Sherman Alexie's short story about learning to read, I was tasked with thinking of a moment that had changed my life.  This by itself was pretty difficult to do.  But after thinking about it for a bit, I did finally come to a moment that changed my life. 
My first draft was not my best writing.  In my opinion, I failed at the most basic aspect of the assignment and barely stayed on topic.  I allowed my life changing moment be crowded with other unnecessary details about other events.  After our class discussion about the essays, I realized that I had to do a whole rewrite.  I basically only kept the first paragraph and scrapped the rest. 
Once I finished my second draft, I sent it in to the e-tutoring website and within an hour I had their critique.  My tutor offered a lot of great advice and helped me to think a bit more about my presentation of the essay.  Because of my tutor's advice, I was able to get a bit more meat on my essay and go a slightly deeper.