For the final essay, I felt that I was much better prepared than I was for the mid-term. I actually had an organizer with my ideas laid out beforehand. It definitely helped with getting the overall gist down on paper first. This allowed me to go back and revise my paper within the given time period. Where on the midterm I was scrambling just to finish my thoughts, for the final everything was laid out for me to elaborate on. 

At the same time, this was the first essay in a long time that I’ve used an outline for. I’m more accustomed to just writing my thoughts as I go and chipping away whatever I don’t need. Although having an outline was helpful towards the organizational aspect of writing the essay, I felt like my flow of thought was interrupted while trying to follow the organizer. Either way, the organizer is a great tool, but it’s definitely something I need to get used to using. 

I really enjoyed this topic for the essay. The topic was something that I felt very strongly about. At the same time I feel like I didn’t quite express myself the way I wanted. I feel like a big factor in that is the time limit, which really does nothing but detract from the writing process.