Essay 2 was definitely my most difficult essay to get down.  I had a really hard time with the topic, and I just didn’t feel myself getting really into it.  In the case of having irony as a topic, I just felt like there was too much to get into without it feeling bloated.  My main issue was that I didn’t really get my thesis down.  I danced around it a bit, but I don’t think I ever got to a point where I could say I had a clear thesis statement.  Had I done this, I’m sure that my overall writing process would have gone much smoother.

In terms of the type of essay this was, I felt very out of my element.  I’m very comfortable looking at a debatable situation, taking a side, and debating it.  For this essay, I felt like the argument wasn’t really there for me.  I’m sure that I could’ve found it, but at the time I had real trouble figuring it out.

I did learn from the writing experience though.  Because this essay required more research and quotes than my first essay, I went a bit overboard with the quotation marks.  I know that I have to work on paraphrasing my examples and I plan on using this experience to my advantage as my writing progresses.